This post is about Android text messages stuck in the “Downloading” or “Expired” issue’s solution.
You will get text messages stuck “Downloading” or “Expired” issue overview, possible reasons and solutions.
Messages stuck issue overview
In the messages stuck in the Android phone issue, you will find the following things in the system messaging app.
- Couldn’t download
- Message expired or not available
- Blue circle or dots with arrow continuing download
Messages stuck issue reasons
There are many possible reasons for the message stuck issue. Following are some of them.
- Recent system update.
- App conflict, for example ad blocker.
- Messaging cache or data.
Messages stuck in Android solution
Clear messaging app cache and data is a simple solution to fix messages stuck in Android.
Following are steps for solution,
- Open the “Settings” app on the phone.
- Choose “Apps”.
- Select your “Messaging” app.
- Open the “Storage” option.
- Clear app cache and data.
After doing the above steps, restart your phone and open a messaging app to check if the messages downloaded or not.
Does clear messaging app data delete all messages? No, clear messaging app data does not delete your existing messages.
Now, if the above solution does not work for you, then there are few more things you can try, which we found from online sources.
- Turn off Advanced messaging from settings.
- Turn off Auto-download MMS from phone advanced settings.
Above are two solutions we have not tried, but it may be helpful for some of you, that’s why it is listed here.